Quinoa (kin- wah) is a grain like crop that originated in the South American region, where it was successfully domesticated for human consumption for over 4 thousand years! There are literally hundreds of ways to prepare quinoa, but after many trial and errors I finally found a perfect and simple recipe that will make your quinoa taste delicious EVERY time.
Before we begin I recommend you buying a cheap rice cooker for under $25. It is super easy to use and will guarantee your quinoa will be perfect every time!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cloves of water
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- The ratio 1 cup quinoa - 2 cups water in the rice cooker
- Finely chop the 2 cloves of garlic and add to the mix
- Finely chop the green onion and add it to the mix
- Add the black pepper to the mix
- Add the Himalayan sea salt to the mix
- Add the chopped parsley to the mix