I love to experiment in the kitchen and try different types of combinations. I was thinking of a way to make chicken breasts rich in flavor and yet still healthy. What I came up with is a very simple flavor packed recipe that will have you craving for seconds.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 fresh diced garlic clove
- pinch of black pepper
- Heat the pan on medium-high temperature and add the 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- Make about 5 small slits on one side of the chicken breasts (makes it easier to cook all the way through) and add them to the pan.
- Add the freshly diced garlic clove to the pan.
- After flipping the chicken breasts add the 2 tablespoons of ground up flaxseed all over the 2 breasts.
- When the chicken breast is ready and appears white in the slits you made, flip one more time for about 2 minutes to crisp the layer of flax.
- Add the pinch of black pepper to the breasts and its ready to serve. You can have a side of Quinoa sweet potatoes, or steam vegetables like I do in the photo.
- Cook each side of the chicken breast for about 7-12 minutes depending on the heat. Chicken breast is ready when its white all the way through. (If you have a meat thermometer it should read to 170 degrees Fahrenheit)