It’s stories like this that are a reminder that anyone can do it. Renata is a mother who realized she wasn’t happy with herself. Finding it hard to keep up with her energetic daughter she decided it was time to take on an incredible transformation!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you accomplished.
My name is Renata and I’m proud to be a mother. I’m starting to study accounting this fall. I love hiking, jogging, playing basketball, and biking. I work out for the feeling of accomplishment, health, my loved one, happiness, stress relief, and most of all, for me!
2. What inspired you to take action and make this incredible change?
My daughter, she’s very energetic person! I was out of shape and not motivating, so I realized that I need to change my lifestyle to keep in shape and be active with her and for myself.
3. Did you find it difficult to stay on track during the process?
Oh yes, it was difficult to stay on track in the beginning.
4. What helped you stick with it and not give up? Because I know it can get tough.
In the beginning, it was up and down, but I just realized that I need to change my food habits first. I put a before picture of myself on my wall to remind me of how unhappy I was and to keep me motivated without giving up!
5. Were your friends and family encouraging you during the experience? If so, do you find it helped you stay motivated and kept you going?
No. Actually, my friends and family thought I look fine. I was not comfortable in my skin so I started motivating myself and of course, seeing other moms go through transformations gave me hope and motivated me more.
6. What are some of the benefits you got from the whole experience?
I jogged 45 minutes and worked out at home 4 times a week. Also I played basketball, I was basically active most of the week.
7. There are so many options for people to lose weight but many are still finding it difficult to acheive. What exactly did you do to lose that weight?
Drink a lot of water! But also, put slices of lemon in water. It does help! 5 meals everyday. Eat vegetables and fruits. I drink tea every night!
8. If you were able to go back in time before you made the change what advice would you give yourself?
I honestly don’t know. I wish I knew better back then and was able to stay motivated.
9. Do you have any advice for those who don’t know how to get started?
Find your happiness first and that’s the most important. Be patient and its okay to fail over and over again until you find your own motivation that will keep you going. It will be worth it at the end.
10. You have an inspiring story! Do you have any last words you’d like to share with anyone?
“It’s never too late to become what you might have been.” And find quotes that inspire you and look for inspiration it will most certainly help!