Having trouble cleaning up your diet? Wanting to make a change but you just don’t know how to start? If you follow these 5 simple health hacks you will begin to see an improvement in your weight loss and overall health.
Hack 1 – Only Water
- Replace all juices and other liquids for water. Drink roughly 2-4 liters of water throughout the whole day. I find it very effective to carry a 1 liter water bottle with me because it’s an easy way to keep track of my water intake. For more information on the importance of your water intake read my previous article on water.
Hack 2 – At Least 20 Minutes A day
- Try to get at least 20 minutes of physical activity a day. Doesn’t mean you have to go to the gym, you can stay active by just walking to places instead of driving. Park a little further from your destination so you’re forced to walk more. Take the stair case instead of the elevator every time. Can’t make it to the gym? Do a small set of body weight exercises at home example: (20 body weight squats, 20 lunges each leg, 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, etc…) Remind yourself any workout is better than no workout!
Hack 3 – Never Skip Breakfast
- Always, always, ALWAYS have a breakfast. If you find yourself rushing every morning simply wake up 10 minutes earlier. Have a tall glass of water some fruit, eggs and Greek yogurt and you’re ready to go. Treat your metabolism like a fire, you need to constantly add wood to feed the flame. (Breakfast is the wood if you didn’t get that…hehe)
Hack 4 – Add Vegetables To Everything
- Add vegetables to every meal you have. If you find yourself eating out at a restaurant try to add vegetables to the meal you order. If you’re cooking at home generously add some greens to your meal. For example, if you made a chicken breast with rice add a handful of broccoli or spinach or any other vegetable.
Hack 5 – No Carbs At Night
- For dinner, drift away from starchy carbs in your meal. Have a lean protein with a large portion of vegetables. Example, grilled salmon fillet with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. You don’t need to fill up on heavy starches like pasta and potatoes before bed. Firstly you may feel bloated, secondly you may have trouble falling asleep and thirdly chances are you aren’t going to be training after dinner so that food will just sit and store inside you without being used.
Enjoy these 5 simple tricks! I hope they help you out! If you know people who can use these tips please share these with your friends and family.