This is a fundamental truth that many of us have a hard time grasping our heads around. We spend most of our days planning for the future in hopes to one day be happy. We seem to forget the importance of the present moment and cloud it with the mysticism of the future and the fog of the past. Once you find your peace in this moment now you realize that you can accomplish anything.
5 Ways You Can Be More Present
1. Start focusing on the present moment. Perhaps your stressed out at work or having a face paced day, stop what you’re doing and take 5 deep breaths. This will bring you back into the present moment and keep you relaxed.
2. Realize that the past and future have no impact on the present moment. We tend to think too much about what we did or what we want to do and never think about whats going on right now.
3. Remind your self that you are not in control of what happens. We like to think we are in control of everything but in reality we have no control. You can have a clear plan set out for the future but in reality you can die tomorrow and then what are you left with? Once you realize you have no control on what happens you eliminate the fear of failure.
4. Meditate for 5 minutes each day. Start by giving yourself 5 minutes of deep breaths every day. When you’re feeling stressed and anxious seclude yourself and focus your attention on your breathing. This form of meditation can be very relaxing and beneficial.
5. Follow your passion! Whether it’s playing guitar, creating art or helping people its important to do what you love. When you do what you love you realize that you’re enjoying everything in the present moment. Suddenly the weight of worrying for your future and retirement becomes lifted and you begin to feel happy in the now. If you are unsure of what your passion is, find it! Try new things and strike in different directions (How do you know you don’t like it if you haven’t tried it?) There is no instruction manual for life you’re on your own, this can be scary for some and exciting for others. It all depends on your mind-set!