This is my favorite way to prepare and eat tomatoes. You will quickly be amazed at how great these tomatoes will taste after following these 9 simple steps. This recipe is meant to be a side dish but I’m warning you it’s really easy to get full off of them 😉 All you will need is oregano, olive oil, garlic cloves, organic tomatoes and sea salt (preferably Himalayan sea salt)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Cut 2 tomatoes in halves to make 4 slices.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Push the chopped garlic deeply inside the tomatoes so they aren't visible.
- Drizzle olive oil on each tomato, measure by eye.
- Add a pinch of oregano on the tomatoes.
- Put tomatoes face up on grill, preferably BBQ (like photo) at medium to high heat for 12 minutes.
- When tomatoes are soft to touch and feel moist they are ready.
- Plate the tomatoes and drizzle some more olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Ready to serve!
Voila the final product!