Winter is coming and it may be sooner than you anticiapted! When I think of winter, I picture hot soup and warm bread next to the fireplace! What’s better than a delicious curry squash soup? Here is a fantastic recipe that will surely keep you warm and comfy during the winter!
- Cooking Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Chopped onion - 2 cups
- Curry Powder - 2 tablespoons
- Grated Ginger - 1-3 teaspoon
- Chopped butternut squash - 7 cups
- Prepared chicken broth (low sodium) - 6 cups
- Sour creme - 1/4 cup
- Black pepper - 1-3 teaspoons
- Heat oil in large pot, add onion and cook for about 7 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Add curry powder and ginger and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add squash and broth. Bring to a boil than reduce the heat to medium low, cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally and remove from heat when squash is softened.
- Let cool, for 5-10 minutes then add soup to blender and blend for smooth texture.
- Once done blending add the whole mix back to the pot and set to medium heat.
- Add the sour creme and pepper then stir until the soup is heated all the way through.
- Ready to serve!
- You may modify the ingredients to your liking, although this recipe has worked well for me.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my daily newsletter and stay updated with all my latest posts!