Almond milk is a really tasty replacement instead of cow’s milk. I have almond milk almost every day and I just can’t get over how yummy it is! I was surprised to find out from a friend that almond milk is actually super easy to make and just takes the right recipe. After many trial an errors I found that this recipe was the best. I love vanilla flavored almond milk so we will add vanilla to the mix (optional).
- 1 cup of Almonds
- 4 cups of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- Sweetener (optional)
- Cheese cloth (for straining)
- Soak 1 cup of almonds in 4 cups water always keep ratio 1:4. Ideally soak the almonds over night for 6-8 hours for best results but you can do it for an hour for a quicker result.
- Now remove the almonds and rinse them off.
- Add the almonds to blender with 4 cups of fresh water and add the teaspoon of vanilla.
- Cover a large jar ideally with a cheesecloth on the opening hanging about half way in the jar to be used as a strainer.
- Add the liquid into the cheese cloth slowly and wait 30-45 minutes before it's ready.
- All the almond pulp should be in the cheese cloth, you can use these for cookies!
- Now pour yourself a glass of this awesome home-made almond milk!
- This recipe doesn't take much ingredients, it's the process that's a little more difficult but if you follow my steps you will have your own yummy almond milk!