I just went apple picking a few days ago and picked dozens of fresh apples from the gorgeous lands of northern Quebec. My mother used to make us baked apples every Friday night and it was one of my most memorable dishes. It’s only fair to make this delicious recipe with these freshly picked apples and share it with you awesome people!
- 4 large sized apples
- 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raisins,
- 3/4 of a cup of boiled water
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Wash apples and remove cores with a knife or apple corer, but leave about an inch inside the bottom.
- Mix the cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins in a small bowl.
- Add the apples to a glass backing dish (10 by 10 inch) and fill each apple evenly with the mixture from
- Add the boiled water to the backing dish and place apples on it.
- Bake at 375°F for about 35 minutes until the apples feel tender upon touching.
- Ready to serve!!
Have a good one!