The studies on the health effects of alcohol can get very confusing. Although the over consumption of alcohol is a main contributor to liver disease and other health related problems, it appears that a small amount of alcohol daily may actually have some important health benefits!
Main Benefits Of Moderate Intake
- Decrease risk of stroke or heart disease
- Decreased risk of gallstones
- Lowers chance of getting diabetes
- Improves Libido
- Flushes toxins out of blood
Main Risks Of Excessive Intake
- Increased risk in liver disease
- High blood pressure
- Elevated triglyceride levels
- Risk of suicide
- Risk of Heart attack
- Weight Gain
The key word is moderation when it comes to alcohol. There are many health benefits to having 1-2 glasses of wine or beer a night. When drinking try to alternate between alcohol and non alcohol drinks. Ex, for every glass of wine or beer have 1 glass of water. Make sure to cap yourself on 2 glasses a night and see the benefits of what a moderate intake of alcohol can do for you.
Calorie Count Approximation
- 1 glass of wine = 83 calories
- 1 glass of wine = 165 calories
- 1.5 oz whiskey = 51 calories
Remember everything in moderation!